We’ll be discussing the following topics on Thursday. The vote for these items will be on Sunday.
– We will have an informational meeting this week on Thursday, February 28th at 6:00 pm in the Grace Café.
– At the congregational meeting, we will be coming together only to vote.
– If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me or contact anyone on the PLT team. Our contact information is on the website, email@example.com.
Congregation Meeting – This meeting will be held on Sunday, March 3rd at 10:10 am. All are invited but we are asking those who have gone through the membership process to be there because we are going to be taking a vote on a couple of matters.
Paying Down Debt
– We will be voting on a one-time payment to reduce our mortgage debt by $45,425.
– In 3 years, we will have to renegotiate our loan and we anticipate that the interest rates will be higher. So, we want to pay down our principal as much as we can.
– We are currently paying double mortgage payments as part of this strategy.
– We have this cash in the bank and we believe that reducing our debt will help us to achieve the ministry goals the Lord has for us in the future.
Begin Search for Next Gen Pastor
– We will be voting to start the search for a Next Generation Pastor.
– We believe that the Lord is bringing a lot of young families to LCC and we want to be prepared to minister to the next generation of the church.
Presenting Amendments to the Constitution
– We will also be presenting a number of suggestions for constitutional changes to be voted on at the Annual Meeting in June.